Welcome to the Victorian Law Reform Commission
The Victorian Law Reform Commission is an independent, government-funded organisation that develops, reviews and recommends reform of Victoria's state laws.
The Commission has a charter to consult with the community and advise the Attorney-General on how to improve and update Victorian laws.
- 07 May 2013 Victorian Law Reform Commission chairman, Philip Cummins, was interviewed on Radio National ... more
- 04 Apr 2013 Two jobs are available on our jury empanelment project. We seek a team leader and a policy/ ... more
- 18 Mar 2013 Jury empanelment: Attorney-General Robert Clark announced today that he has given a new reference ... more
- 19 Feb 2013 If you have a view about wills, family provision and related issues, you can make a submission to ... more
- 03 Jan 2013 The Succession Laws reference is now in the consultation phase. The Commission has published six ... more
- The Commission's Guardianship: Final report was tabled in Parliament on 18 April 2012. PDFs of the ... more
- The Surveillance in public places: Final report was tabled in Parliament on 12 August 2010. A PDF ... more
- The Commission's final report on the law of abortion was tabled in Parliament on 29 May 2008. The ... more
- The Sexual Offences: Final Report was tabled in Parliament on 25 August 2004. The report recommends ... more
- The Defences to Homicide: Final Report was tabled in Parliament on 18 November 2004. The report ... more