Environmental sustainability policy
The Commission is committed to being an environmentally and socially responsible organisation. To achieve this, appropriate procedures and practices are being established to monitor and reduce the Commission’s environmental footprint.
- complying with all environmental legislation, regulations and government policy requirements
- reducing the resource use and greenhouse gas emissions for all aspects of the Commission’s business
- including environmental sustainability as a key consideration when procuring goods and services
- educating and empowering staff with the skills, awareness and leadership to minimise our environmental impacts
- actively engaging and influencing people with whom we do business to assist us in effecting environmental change
- including environmental sustainability as a consideration in implementing and developing community law reform projects, and considering the environmental impacts of law reform recommendations
- striving to continually monitor, review and improve the Commission’s environmental performance.