Regulatory Regimes and Organised Crime: Report (html)
Appendix A: Advisory committee
The Commission established an advisory committee comprising individuals with expertise in areas relevant to the reference. The role of the advisory committee was to provide technical advice about the issues raised by the reference.
The members of the advisory committee were:
• Julie Ayling, Australian National University
• Professor John Braithwaite, Australian National University
• Dr Matthew Butlin, Chair, Victorian Competition and Efficiency Commission
• Assistant Commissioner Stephen Fontana, Victoria Police
• Emeritus Professor Arie Freiberg, Monash University
• Dr Elizabeth Lanyon, Director, Regulation and Policy, Consumer Affairs Victoria
• Gail Owen, Deputy Chair, Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
• Dr Russell Smith, Principal Criminologist and Manager, Transnational, Organised and Cyber Crime Program, Australian Institute of Criminology.